The title sums it up. I took today off work so I can keep trying to get better. I have to work tomorrow as I have so much stuff to do. I am hoping my lungs will improve a bit more by tomorrow. It would also be helpful if leg and foot cramps didn’t make me scream and swear at 3 and 4 am last night. It was brutal. It feels like the muscles in my foot are trying to break my foot. I know it sounds overly dramatic but that’s what it feels like! The only other worse cramp is the inner thigh muscle.
Still sick…but the rash is gone!
There are so many things I want to write about but I am having trouble forming sentences let alone well-composed paragraphs. So, here is a bulleted list:
- Our trip last week to Ucluelet was great. We talked and talked and talked. After 20 years we are still very much in love and what’s even more important we like each other.
- Never drive to Ucluelet in the dark. Trust me, just don’t do it.
- Barry’s pharmacy in Ucluelet gets the big award for customer service. They were technically closed on Family Day but they let me in and he filled 2 emergency prescriptions for me for thrush and my rash. It was bad and I was a desperate woman. They had just moved from Manitoba a month ago. At one point, he looked at me despondingly and said: “it’s been raining for 4 weeks.” I laughed and asked him if he knew to where he had moved. I consoled him with the fact that it’s not minus a million degrees and snowy.
- The prices for groceries in Ucluelet are outrageous!
- We stayed at Anchors Inn in Ucluelet. It’s exactly as advertised and it was a wonderful place to hang out. The dogs had a great time getting down to the beach several times a day. They got to meet a seal!
- We found out that if you make a reservation on BC Ferries you are pretty much guaranteed to be on the top deck where you can stay in your vehicle. This was important to us as we had Stevie and Sawyer with us.
I am still sick, which sucks. It’s in my chest and really wreaking havoc with my asthma. Here’s today’s lovely photo:
I am so very sick. I even emailed into work that I wouldn’t be around because I am that freaking sick. It means I am missing a meeting but oh well. I think in the almost 3 years I have been there, I have missed maybe 5 meetings out of over 300!
Still sick. Here’s a pic of Ozzie and me.
We are home now. It was a long driving day yesterday. Lots to tell everyone about the trip but I am really sick right now, so not today. We had a great time as did the dogs. Here’s today’s pic. Back to the grind:
Oh and it snowed.
We’re on our west home. At the ferry terminal in Nanaimo. I’m exhausted but we had a good time.
We had a great sleep. We went to Little Beach so I could see the dogs play. It was cold but sunny.
We found a pharmacy that wasn’t really open but they were there and he was able to give me prescription fluconazole and clobetasol for my facial rash. Huge shoutout to Barry’s pharmacy in Ucluelet.
Well we’ve settled in at Anchors Inn in Ucluelet. It was sunny so Deb and the dogs went down to the beach. It’s taken me all day to drink tea and wake up. My face is all broken out from fatigue and stress. I’ve done nothing today. The drive was hell. More on that when we get home.
Here’s a couple pics of us.
So tired. Just finished the drive to Ucluelet which really sucks in the dark.