Blogging every day is not an easy task. Quite often there is nothing I find inspiring enough to devote a blog post to it. Sometimes there are events that are happening which I either don’t have an opinion on or I can’t be bothered to formulate one. Today is one of those days. I could blog about the Olympics and the fact that we are kicking some gold medal ass. We actually seem to be owning some of the podium – the gold part. I do think our athletes have done very well and all the naysayers can suck it up.
On these days, I tend to blog about goings on at chez Shihtzustaff. I am going to do that today, in bullet form:
- Clio is doing well today. She has not coughed at all. Ya Clio!
- Deb has a new name for Zoe. She is ‘da piggy huntah.’ She has been given this name because that dog is completely obsessed with the guinea pigs. She barks at them, and tries to get into their cage (did so once because of human error). Last night while Deb and Angelina were cutting Edith’s nails, Zoe was literally trying to crawl up Deb to get to Edith. She is one crazy-ass little shithead!
- Still on Zoe, AKA ‘da piggy huntah’ she has learned to play so well. For a dog who spent 9 years in a puppy mill she is definitely embracing life as she knows it today. Everything she does is done with gusto, her head and tail held high. She owns the world and she knows it! It is such a pleasure to watch a dog grow in this way. It is one of the true gifts of rescue.
- I am constantly amazed at how loyal Piper is to me. She sleeps molded around some part of me every night. She knows when I am having a bad day and she sits with me. She never demands attention like some of our other dogs, instead she leans against you so you know she is there. She is incredibly cuddly in the mornings and even submits to have her ever-filthy wrinkle cleaned.
- I suffer a great deal from very tense muscles in my neck, shoulders and lower back. Today I bought a shiatsu back massager for my chair in the living room. While it is not comfortable to sit on all the time as the roller protrudes far out, it works very well. Basically the roller goes up and down your back slowly. You can press into it for added pressure. It is going to work very well to my back in a little better shape. I also bought a heating pad to continue to help to reduce some of the pain I feel in my back. Maybe I will take less muscle relaxants now.
- Gemma continues to do very well. We have not noticed any progression of her disease at all. She no longer behaves aggressively but we still keep her and Zoe apart. Zoe has a long, long memory and just seeing Gemma sets her off. She is a scrappy little girl!
- My colitis is acting up quite a bit these days. I will spare you all the details.
- I am back to work Monday after having 2 weeks off. I am not really sure how I am going to pull this off as I am still sleeping 12 hours a day. Should be interesting to say the least. I do feel rested and a little bit more relaxed. We will be going into a very busy time over the next couple of months.
- If I blog tomorrow I will have actually completed a full month of blogging. There was a technical glitch that saw one of my posts submitted the next day so technically I guess I did not manage to do it. However, in my mind I know that I did. Now we are on to March. For those of you who blog, NaBloPoMo is a great way to help you blog daily.
That is it until tomorrow!