- I was out today and could not believe the bizarre weather. As I was leaving it was sunny. I got closer to Fort Langley and I was treated to sleet along with heavy winds. As I was heading home, it started to sleet again. The sleet quickly turned to hail over the Golden Ears Bridge, which made it quite slippery. At one point it was sleeting and it was sunny. I was used to this kind of thing from Calgary. I remember it being sunny on one side of the street and pouring on the other.
- Staying on the weather theme – some of the dogs really hate to go out and get their feet wet. Zoe is the worst. I think it is a Shihtzu thing. I remember the Chunk who would just stop rather than get her feet wet. Zoe goes a specific route to stay on the ‘high ground’ so that she does not get wet. It is really quite funny to watch.
- Do you notice the similarities between Zoe and Chunky? They are quite similar.
- One of my co-workers gave me an area rug that she wasn’t using anymore. As soon as it went down the dogs were all over it. They love having rugs and mats to lie on. The ‘terrorist’ dogs immediately started to play and within an hour had the whole thing covered in stuffing from toys all over the place!
- We have had so much rain over the last week or so that the North Allouette River was getting quite high. I was a little worried that it was going to go over its banks if there was much more rain. Our property does not usually flood when the river goes over – it just makes it difficult for us to get out to the highway.
- In other news, this was the first time in 2 years that the septic system did not need to be pumped at Christmas. I think this is likely because of the drainage system is moving the water out to the back of the property instead of it backing up into the septic tank. We will see if we get through the whole winter without having to have it pumped. Now, if we can just figure out a way to not have it smell as bad as it does in the winter.
 I have nicknamed Sawyer and Sienna the ‘terrorists’ because the are terriers and they destroy everything!