- We are finally home. Thankfully we had a ferry reservation because the sailing was full an hour before we even got there. Piper got overheated while we were waiting to get on the boat. It was so freaking hot there. I walked across to the Market to get lunch and papers Deb. It was almost sick. Once we got on the ferry there was a great breeze. I went up and got the soft-serve ice cream and it was very good! We got off the ferry at 4:54pm and we were home in an hour with a stop at Hopcott’s for steak.
- OMG! The stereo/GPS unit I got Deb for her birthday is amazing. It tells you when the traffic is backing up!?! Could there be anything better! It also navigates much better. It gives you information ongoing about the road you are on and what roads are coming up. I can’t stand it so I am getting my own.
- It is nice to be home after spending several days in a small room with Deb and 2 dogs. She makes me crazy! I would put something down and she would ‘put it away.’ I really struggled with food. It was very hard for me to find stuff I could eat. The food from the Kingfisher restaurant (what made it worse was that the baked brie dish they had on the menu they were no longer serving!) was far too gourmet and rich for me. There was very little that appealed to either Deb or me. The best meal we had was at Boston Pizza. We did have some food with us like cheese and crackers. I also had my yogurt and cereal as well. Grilled eggplant and steak was very welcome tonight for dinner.
- The dogs were so good – especially Sawyer. He is still quite a young dog yet he is so well socialized. He is pretty much bomb proof as he can adapt to any situation. He loves all people and dogs. Piper was a little stressed in the beginning in the truck but she did eventually calm down. She is getting really overheated so we are off to the vet to get her looked at. Piper and Sawyer get along so well. They don’t scrap over food or toys and they like to cuddle together.
- It seems the heat has arrived now. I am going to try not to complain as we have pretty much had a month of no heat. I will be trying to hide in the house with the until the heat wave is over. Thankfully we have air conditioners!