- I met Beth through blogging via a connection to Derek Miller. We have since met in person and found we had lots to talk about. Beth is one of ‘those’ people. You know they type – they like to run, complete half-marathons, do a month of hot yoga and play organized sports. Beth is also an unapologetic Canucks fan. Oh and lest we forget her new passion: planking. So Beth is doing some other crazy-ass thing. She is going to play hockey for 10 days straight. Yes, that is correct 10 straight days. Beth has detailed how it all works on her blog and you can see what an amazing commitment she has made to raise funds for Cystic Fibrosis. I am urging you all to donate today if you are able to. Not all of us can do the things physically that Beth can so I say lets give money to her cause so we don’t have to break a sweat. I am also hoping that Deb will do some baking and we can take it over to the rink in Burnaby to help feed these amazing women! Please consider donating.
- Is there anything dogs can’t do? I read this post at Shakesville today. Rosie the dog goes to court with children to help calm them as they give very difficult testimony. Seriously we owe so much to our furry companions. They bring us so much and enhance our lives in so many ways. I love our crew!
- Speaking of dogs we have decided to go ahead with Piper’s surgery. I am hopeful we can get it done quickly so that she can get back to exercising with some regularity. Plus it must be so difficult for her when she overheats and she can’t catch her breath.
- I must comment on the riots in Britain. I heard David Cameron telling everyone that they will prosecute the rioters to the fullest extent of the law. Does he not realize how out of touch he is? Youth are rioting because they want to prove that they can do whatever they want. The truth is a mob with a cause can do whatever they want. Requests to turn over contents of text messages sent through Blackberries should not be entertained by RIM. People buy those products because they want access to RIM’s private messaging service.
- We are getting a new PVR box on Thursday. It is called the Gateway. It will allow us to record up to six different shows at a time!!! Woo hoo and hallelujah is all I can say. We will no longer have to execute complex planning strategies utilizing 4 different time zones to record everything we want!
 Check out her blog for proof of all that I report.