It is no secret that autumn is the favourite season for most of us here at the Swamp – both human and canine. So here in no particular order is my list of things I love about autumn:
- It is no longer hot nor is it cold yet. The temperature is usually just right that you can wear a light jacket.
- It is cool enough to wear scarves and hats – my new found fashion accessories.
- Our bed is hard when I get into it. We have a memory foam bed that gets very soft in the summer. When we have the door open in our bedroom the bed is actually so cold it is hard. I like this feeling.
- The pillows are colder when I flip them over.
- The dogs can go out and run and not get overheated and pant for hours.
- We can turn off the A/C and rely on cold air from outside to sleep comfortably.
- Having our outside bedroom door open all night means I get to see the mountains in the morning. This makes me very happy.
- I can use a heating pad all night without getting over heated.
- I adore Thanksgiving. I love making the turkey. It is my favourite statutory holiday. It is about celebrating things that are important to us without the baggage of the holiday season.
10. I love snuggling down into the bed with all the blankets pull tight around me.
11. I love the feeling of warm socks and shoes.
12. I love looking at the hordes of birds that land on the fences and telephone wires.
13. I love the hunkering down feeling I get as we move away from light foods to more comfort foods like homemade soup.
14. I love the colours. The trees here turn such lovely, brilliant colours. Every piece of vegetation is beautiful as it dies.
15. I no longer feel oppressed by the weather.
What about all of you? What are your favourite things about the changing of the season?