Here is my 2009 review post. I took this meme from Facebook. Seeing as all my blogs end up being posted in facebook, I thought I would do it here.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Had 2 blood transfusions. I also excited a lot of resident doctors because of the complexity of my medical issues.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make resolutions. I think they are mostly useless. I make small changes all year-long instead.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, not close to me.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, we lost Mackenzie and Tucker in 2009.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I want some health. I want some stamina. I want some hemoglobin. I would like to not live my life in chronic pain. Pain that even good drugs does not work on.
7. What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Mackenzie passing away.
8. What was your greatest achievement for the year?
Work has been good this year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Recognizing that I was seriously ill, again.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. I ended up hospitalized with pancytopenia. My immune system crashed from imuran, a drug I was taking for my colitis.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new iMacs!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Deb has worked really hard this year and grown a great deal. I am very proud of her.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Rather not say.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Who knows. Gadgets?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I was really excited about my Apple TV – which was a complete surprise. I got excited about a little trip we took to Harrison Hot Springs to get out of the heat! I needed air conditioning!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I think it would have to be the Glee songs. I love those songs. I would also have to add the New Pornographers and Jets Overhead.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? about the same
II. thinner or fatter? thinner
III. richer or poorer? about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Listen to music and play computer games and relax.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sleep – I hate being chronically ill and having to sleep 10-12 hours a night. It means I have very little time for me.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home with my sweetie.
21. How will you be spending New Year?
At home with my sweetie.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes – with another dog, Zoe and even deeper in love with Deb.
23. How many one-night stands?
When I first read that I thought it asked how many night stands. That should be answer enough.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
But I have so many!!! Survivor, Greys, The Good Wife, Dexter
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I try not to waste my time hating any one.
26. What was the best book you read?
Such a Pretty Fat, 28 stories of AIDS in Africa.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The new Pornographers
28. What did you want and get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I don’t know. I have not watched a lot of movies lately because they seem to be mostly crap. Although My Sister’s Keeper was pretty good.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
44 and I can’t remember. Oh, wait, I think we went to the White Spot.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Dressed by Deb
34. What kept you sane?
benzos? Trazodone is a wonder drug.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I like Julianna Margules
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
So many. I have no idea where to start.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person that you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
If you can’t stand up you may want to consider going to the hospital.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Whatta ya want from me? Adam Lambert
41. This is my add-on question: What are you looking forward to the most in 2010:
I am excited that Deb is going to be blogging again at Fat People are Hard to Kidnap. If you have never read Deb’s blog I highly suggest you read some of the previous posts. She has a very unique way of saying things and she is far more talented at this blogging thing than I am. I have a new GPS, iPhone compatible stereo going into my car on Sunday – no more getting lost. I have new GI doc and I hoping to get me some colitis remission. I am looking forward to another challenging (in a good way) year at work – I hope to learn lots and mentor more. I am excited about another year with our great jobs – there is nothing like snuggling with the poopers at night and first thing in the morning. I am also looking forward to converting as many people as possible to Google products. I am very good at this and I should get a reward from Google. I love Google Wave, Gmail, Google reader….I think I have Stockholm Syndrome. Finally, I am looking forward to doing some work and gaining some insight.