- Early this afternoon, sitting in my office, I started to hear the strains of ‘In the Air Tonight’ by Phil Collins. Now I have nothing against Phil Collins and in fact I have been known to blast that song myself a few times. Usually though I am a little more considerate. As Deb and I were leaving for Best Buy later they had changed to Bob Dylan. We seem to have the most inconsiderate neighbours. We have the partying swingers next door and then the losers across the street. Not only do they blast their music they also chain their dogs outside all year round. The dogs whine and cry and who can blame them? There is a special place in hell for people who leave their dogs outside.
- Still on the over sharing theme; it seems that Deb and I are always treated to some dumpy, middle-aged white man with NO shirt on either walking or riding a bicycle. The guy today looked like he was mostly naked. Why they feel they have the right to subject the rest of us to their white-dough like bodies is beyond me. Oh, yes, I forgot, the patriarchy that allows white men to do whatever they want. My poor virgin lesbian eyes.
- I blogged quite a while ago about Civilization V. I have played every iteration of this game since it was first released. This time I could not seem to get into it. I found that it was almost impossible to play. One of the things that seemed to really slow it down was that it was integrated through Steam. You had to launch Steam in order to play it. I am pretty sure that Steam was slowing it down. Now Civilization V is offered through the Mac App store with Steam. I took a chance and bought it again. It is the Campaign edition and includes two expansion packs. Now it plays very well on my new computer. I am looking forward to playing the game and listening to music!
- We are still having problems with our ride on mower. A belt broke the other day. When we call our local Home Hardware and talk to the owner it is almost like he gets annoyed when we break our machines. It is really rather funny. We do get great service from him. Today he came and picked up the mower to put the new belt. He is going away for 2 weeks and he wanted to make sure it was fixed.
- I still need to tinker with the Logitech Remote. There is one command we are missing that we had before. I noticed today at Best Buy that they charge $149 to program one of those things! I am not surprised as they are really complicated.
We got our new Gateway PVR box today. I have spent most of the afternoon trying to re-program our Logitech Harmony One remote. When it is finally set up, it is an amazing piece of computer wizardry. Getting it to that point though is a hair pulling, anxiety inducing process of little steps and changes. The last time it took me days to get it right. I suspect that may happen again!