I haven’t blogged in a bit mostly because there has been nothing that has really grabbed me lately. So, here is a post about lots of different things.
1. Today was the perfect storm. I hate working Mondays. When I have to work Mondays I at least like to start my day with a massage. For this to occur I have to be in Vancouver by 11 am. I woke up early and could not go back to sleep so I got up at 7:30. I wanted to leave by 9:45 just in case. Well, my bowel conspired against me and I did not get to the car until 10:10. I got to the bridge and it was backed up so I checked the traffic report and found out they had swung the bridge and while it was back in place traffic was backed up. Then they said there was an accident on #1 just past Gaglardi and the only lane getting through was the HOV. Carry on. Now there is an accident, blocking the middle lane, just past Brunette. I am swearing now. I have had to go to the bathroom since the bridge. I get past the Brunette accident. Magically, the other accident is gone. Things are going well and I think I might even make until I round the corner by Willingdon and see that 12th is backed up. It was also backed up around the corner towards first. Back to the traffic report – now there is an accident just past the 1st ave exit. I am seriously swearing now. I finally make it 10 minutes late.
2. On Friday I was listening to the News at 6 on CBC. The first story was how the banks had been making profits in spite of the economic downturn. The story that immediately followed was one of retailers complaining about increased credit card fees. Coincidence? I think not.
3. We were trying to buy a used car on the weekend. We went to see this one car that sounded good on paper but was definitely a death trap. It was not air cared, it needed a bolt for the brakes but the guy assured us it was ‘safe.’ As time went on he continued to list things that were wrong with it. Oh, it squeals when it goes around a corner? It just has a loose alternator belt, blah, blah, blah. As we walk away he says: “Did something change your mind?” So we stopped at a lot on the way home. There is a little VW and the mechanic who worked on it said he had tuned it up and fixed it up so ‘his daughter could drive it.’ As Deb was driving it through parking lots because it was not insured, nor air-cared she discovered that the transmission slipped from 1st gear to 3rd gear and you had to pound the clutch to the floor. Not a good sign. We were waiting and he continued to list the other things wrong: no taillights, no dashlights. kthxbai!
4. The good news is that my anti-anxiety meds seem to be working. I have less fatigue and way less physical symptoms like stress in my shoulders, neck and face. I am feeling better overall and actually having some moments of joy particularly when I am listening to music. I did try to start to wean off the clonazapam but I think it was too soon so I will have to broach this with my doctor. Now that I am feeling better I do not want to go back.
5. I have been plagued by construction noises and errant beeping all day today. For those of you who know me, errant beeping is one my biggest pet peeves.