I am getting a little excited about my upcoming cruise with my mother. I have been gathering information and trying to figure out what it is going to be like. My mother has booked us into a Deluxe Verandah suite, which is one down from the penthouse suites. The list of amenities below is extensive and a tad embarrassing:
- Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise
- Premium duvet, oversize bath towels and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
- Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night
- Hors d’oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request
- Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise
- Cocktail party with ship officers
- Priority boarding for tender ports of call
- Special disembarkation service
- Priority dining and seating requests
- Exclusive daily breakfast service for suite guests only
- High tea service in suite on request
- A special Suite guest lunch event on cruises over 7 days in length
- Neptune Lounge: A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Deluxe Verandah Suite or Penthouse Verandah Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.
I do have to say though that the ‘small charge’ for wifi is nothing of the sort. It starts out at 75 cents per minute. Apparently, I can buy a package of 200 minutes for $100. I was a little shocked. However, I cannot go for 7 days without some kind of access to the outside world. I will take my phone but I won’t have it on for the most part as I really don’t want to have to pay roaming charges.
My mother booked our shore excursions. We are doing an evening of whale watching which I am really looking forward to. But then there is a visit to an Aboriginal village, which concerns me given my mother’s racist views about First Nations. Then, the highlight of that day will be a lumberjack show. I feel as though I will be drowning in testosterone.
I intend to have a complete break from work. I will not be checking work email at all. I will remove it from email program and not check Gmail either. I will stay in touch with home. I am going to miss Deb very much. It is going to be weird being away from the dogs. I am so used to sleeping with Deb and the dogs it will be really difficult. I am sure the cruise will be great though!